Just another day in the life.........

I should have seen this one coming....

A little while back, I had left things until the last minute (so unlike me.....) and completely ran out of cat food before I went to work for the day. (the issue here is that I have a CAT who eats...btw.) And she doesn't eat normal cat food thanks to an overprotective sorta crazy mom (me). So I buy her organic cat food. The downfall to this choice is the only place that sells it is in Victoria. So after work (more like..7pm, like I said I procrastinate.) I drove to Victoria to get her some food.

Wow this is a really good story so far. *yawn.*

Anyways. I don't remember if I said before or not..but after the previous vehicle "situations" the lil red neon retired for a while and needed to be replaced.

Replaced by a 1979 Fiat X1/9. I know...who replaces a sedan with a convertible sportscar? Well it was only $600 and it was cute.

So I drive said vehicle into town when (not for the first time) it broke down, right before one of the biggest (if not THE biggest) intersection on the way into Victoria on the highway. It is rush hour and my four way flashers are not working. So I get out, wait for the light to turn green and start to push.

Apparently I was not pushing my vehicle through the intersection fast enough, because dirtbag behind me felt compelled to honk. I like to think he was simply "cheering" me on and honking in support of my ability to be proactive about the situation instead of just sitting in the car and crying (which I would have much preferred.) I would like to tell him that next time it would be more appropriate to actually get out of his car and offer to help, but I'd probably have to agree to follow him on twitter or release my personal information for distribution to online marketers to get something like "help" these days.

As I push my car through the intersection and off to the side of the road, I notice a sausage fest in the vehicle passing me on my left. (I mean...a car full of teenage boys.) Who are videotaping me with their cell phone. Well I am making an assumption there, but I couldn't honestly tell you what else they would be doing holding a phone out their window and laughing....perhaps checking the weather or calling their grandma? I hope that shit gets denied on youtube for lack of substance and purpose.

To get the car to stop rolling and prevent it from going down the bank, I drag my knees and toes (one of which were broken) along the gravel and hop inside the car.

Before I continue I have to mention I have been having an epic battle against Rogers lately and am now on my third blackberry in less then a year. Of course said blackberry was not working when this situation occurred, so my hike to the nearest gas station ensued.

Gas Station #1: No $ for payphone, would not let me use their business phone even after begging.

Gas Station #2: Attendant was acting very suspicious and whispering to her friends. Made me self conscious for a moment but after canoodeling with her co worker, she finally handed the phone over to me and said "OMG IVE SEEN YOUR TATTOO ON GOOGLE."

Now at this point....I am overwhelmed. (For clarification purposes....she actually meant MY tattoo, I think I have talked about how I am far more popular then Lindsay Lohan when it comes to my "breathe" tattoos life on the internet.)

She went on to tell me that the term breathe means a lot to her and her sister, they love to sing the song...or something. It was a really nice moment though, took me out of my woe is me moment and made me acknowledge that my encounter with this human wouldn't have occurred had I not had this little hiccup lead me to it.

I get ahold of my dad, who comes to my rescue AGAIN. I think like 98.5 % of my stories end in my mother or father come save me.

While we are fixing the car, I see a dude on a bike watching us from down the road. He waits until we get the car up and running, then says "oh, I see you got er runnin again. good on you..... can you give me a ride home"?

The glow from my earlier encounter with the energetic bubbly teenager quickly turns into (insert the complete opposite of "glowing" here.)

A RIDE??!?!?! WTF? YOU ARE ASKING ME, WITH THE TWO PERSON VEHICLE FOR A RIDE WHEN YOU HAVE A PERFECTLY DECENT BICYCLE? WHERE WERE WE SUPPOSED TO PUT IT EXACTLY? NEXT TIME YOU ARE THINKING OF ASKING SOMETHING FOR NOTHING, I WOULD SUGGEST TO BE A BIT MORE DISCREET AS YOU WATCH AND WAIT FOR US TO FIX YOUR PREFERRED METHOD OF TRANSPORTATION.

I kindly said "no we are going in the other direction". what a lie. hey dude, if you exist in the Internet world I LIED TO YOU and I don't even feel a little bad about it.

0 comments: