Bad Mom Award

So I have told this story to a couple of my cat loving friends, and decided it was cute/funny enough to share on a public scale.

A while ago I wanted to be the "responsible" cat owner, and invest in a magnetic operated door for my cat to let herself in and out at her leisure. I really liked being able to let her outside for the day, but got worried when it was gross and stormy out about her not being able to get back in the house. I thought this 80$ investment would solve the problem.

After installing it, a few successful days went by where Izzy managed to figure out how to get in and out, and I'd have to say, it was pretty cool.

But on the 4th day, I called Izzy to come home for dinner, and I hear what sounds like tin dragging along the pavement. My cat was coming sulking home with a tin can and other small metal object attached to her magnet collar.

She had the look of beyond embarassment. I knew I was going to get major attitude all night.

So the bad mom award goes to me, for torturing my poor cat and allowing a tin can to claim residence on her collar. I bet her little cat friends made fun of her.

2 comments:

Kylie said...

You made me snicker and smile!! But my cats probably would have clawed my favourite shoes in retaliation!! Shame on you mum, but gotta love the mental pic you gave me!!

Anonymous said...

It is funny when our pets have attitudes, I certainly got some attitude that day.